IIA 2017 International, Post Conference Workshop – 27th July 2017
IIA 2017 International, Post Conference Workshop – Assurance Mapping
Speaker Cathy Blunt PFIIA CIA, Principal, OCM
Date: Thursday 27th July 2017 Time: 9am – 5pm
Location: The Grace Hotel, 77 York Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
Assurance Mapping, Your Competitive Advantage
Are there gaps in your assurance framework which could potentially expose your organisation?
Assurance mapping is a tool which enables Internal Auditors to visually present all assurance activities of the organisation, both internal and external, as they apply to the organisation’s risks.
For example, the map might depict the top risks such as the most likely strategic risks an organisation faces, or it might set out specific compliance duties that cover director obligations. A clear benefit is that once complete, any gaps or duplications can be identified and corrected.
This course will take you through the assurance mapping process which can be practically applied in all organisations no matter how big or small.
Benefit from the Right Topics
- Identifying the essential enterprise risk management elements needed for assurance mapping
- Identifying which assurance providers can be included and knowing why
- Knowing how to assess the extent of the assurance coverage for each process and sub-process
- Identifying various alternatives to consider when assessing potential gaps and / or duplicate coverage areas
- Strategies for building a practical assurance mapping action plan for Internal Auditors
- Better decision making around risk and assurance
- Stronger compliance and review processes
- The freeing up of resources for other use
- Greater certainty for directors and management
Cathy is a Principal of OCM with over 20 years of internal audit experience. Cathy is responsible for the management and delivery of OCM’s internal audit services to clients within the public and private sector within Queensland. Prior to joining OCM, Cathy was the internal audit manager at Griffith University for over seven years and also previously worked in Federal and State Government, at Deloitte and the Bank of Queensland. Cathy holds a Bachelor of Commerce and a Masters of Business Administration in addition to her qualifications of Certified Practising Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor® and Certified Information Systems Auditor. Cathy is a Fellow of the IIA-Australia and Fellow of CPA Australia. Cathy was a Director of IIA-Australia from 2008 – 2015, holding the office of President from 2011 to 2013. Cathy was the Australian representative on the IIA Global Board until she was appointed as the Chair of the IIA Global Audit Committee and Director-at-Large on the Global Board in 2016. She was also a member of the IIA Professional Certifications Board.